. .If you want to have a little fun, please consider voting in a science peeps contest for the Peepiodic Table of the Elements. It was conceived by Mary Virginia Orna, a mentor of the Rye High Chem Club at the College of New Rochelle, and carried out by chemistry students at Rye High School under the direction of chemistry teacher Sally Mitchell. This is the International Year of the Periodic Table and we would love to win the peeps contest, but voting closes in April 14th. Here are the directions: The Open Notebook will be doing a cover story on the PBL project and highlight stories written by the students on what they learned by doing this project.
Go to this website and vote for our peepidoic table of the elements https://
theopennotebook.submittable. com/gallery/4490c941-d6c3- 4547-b6cf-776e05c95215?fbclid= IwAR25c00kU23xRxRa5nkZ4UvvnxDX yxmK2YqFYyno8pJlz7VH8YsnbgPxLK g
1. In the upper right hand corner of the screen there is a Log in button.
2. Click this to create an account. This is a verified contest, they will not send you emails except for the verification one.
3. After you fill in your email with name and click the button, an email will be sent to this account.
4. Go to your email account and click the link to verify. Now you are ready to go back to the website (link above)
5. Now search for the Peepiodic Table of the Elements(red periodic table of peeps) in the gallery (it scrambles every time)
6. Click on the picture and in the upper left hand corner, there is a vote button. Click it and it should change to Voted.
7. THANK YOU>
In addition, our Peepiodic table of the elements is now listed at the bottom of an article in Food and Wine