Sally B Mitchell began her teaching career in 1983 and, as a STEM teacher from the beginning, has taught biology, physics, chemistry, forensics, and mathematics. In 1984, she purchased a book called “On Food and Cooking” by Harold McGee, and her passion for food science began to grow. Now Sally is sharing her love of food science and experiences from her chemistry classroom Online.
All of her recipes are written in metric units to make cooking and baking easier. Sally posts videos of her cooking and chemistry experiences so keep checking back for updates. You can follow her on twitter @sallybchemistry and on Facebook at Sally B Chemistry.
Sally served as an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow in the Department of Energy, Office of Science for the 2015-2016 school year and has returned to the classroom as a chemistry and physics teacher at Rye High School, Rye, NY.
- Curriculum vitae
- Podcast: Half Measures (Metric System) https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/half-measures/
- Why the metric system hasn’t failed in the US: http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/06/why-the-metric-system-hasnt-failed-in-the-us/487040/
- Why I changed Mole Day to October 21: https://vimeo.com/68569894
- Sally Conant Award Publication This is my publication in the Journal of Chemical Education.
- Albert Einstein Volunteering at Richard Byrd Library Thank you video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EORnPP91Kks
- Field Hockey Alum http://cuse.com/news/2011/4/18/FH_0418112638.aspx#.V_mo_ZMrJBw
- SallyMitchellJames Bryant Conant Award In High School Chemistry Teaching | February 2, 2009 Issue – Vol. 87 Issue 5 | Chemical & Engineering News
- Burning Issues In Chemical Education | August 21, 2006 Issue – Vol. 84 Issue 34 | Chemical & Engineering News
- An Energizing Experience | December 16, 2013 Issue – Vol. 91 Issue 50 | Chemical & Engineering News
- Technology Award
- De-skunking Video Wins ‘Everyday Chemistry’ Contest | Chemical & Engineering News
- Scenes From The ACS Meeting In Salt Lake City | April 6, 2009 Issue – Vol. 87 Issue 14 | Chemical & Engineering News
- Business Insider Scroll down and see which element Sally Mitchell loves
- Video of the ACS winner for Everyday Chemistry Video Contest
- Why STEM statement
- TV interview with Katie Hunt, Bridge St and Education Night
- Celebrating Chemistry NCW 2014 “The Sweet Side of Candy”, check out page 11
- ACS Press Release
- ACS Expert
- AACT Governance
- ACS Science Coach Video
- ACS ChemClubs Hacking your Tastebuds Video and activity Handouts